Questions about NGV technical revisions in Germany

The anglophone board for our international members. (Don't worry about whether its ok here or not.)

Moderatoren: MiniDisc, SiggyV70, sparbrötchen

Antworten
cng.auto
Questions about NGV technical revisions in Germany

Beitrag von cng.auto » 28.10.2013 20:32

Dear Friends!

I need as soon as possible complex information about obligatory technical revisions, which should be made by possessor of natural gas vehicle in Germany in period of 10 years.

In Poland possesor of NGV has to make these revisions in national technical authorities:

1) fee for entering data about CNG cylinders to national authority system
* in moment of first registration or instalation of CNG in aftermarket vehicle
* it migh be paid by car seller, but usually is covered by possesor of NGV

2) fee for technical revision of cylinders in NGV
* in Poland after period of 3 years
* I have heard that in Germany is made in every 4 years

3) fee for preassure test
* after period of 10 years
* I have heard, that Germany this technical revision is not existed

Do you have easy access to garages, where these revisions are available?

What is the cost of these revisions?

All kind of information in this subject is very welcome.

With kind regards,
KW

Bassmann
Site Admin
Beitrag von Bassmann » 28.10.2013 21:08

Hallo Karol!

See, in D the passenger cars have to be tested every 2 years. Exception: First test must be done only after the first 3 years. This is the "HU" = "Haupt-Untersuchung", i.e. "Main test". This ist the rule for every private passenger car, except for example Taxi, they have to be tested once every year. Costs: About 70€ I guess... (I would have to find the last bill)

The test of the CNG-equipment corresponds to these intervals.
Usually every time, the "HU" is made, the CNG-equipment is tested too, but without any disassemblying of parts. There is only some sniffing after the stuff, which was added to the natural gas in the pipelines, either by an electrical instrument or by a liquid, which will make bubbles in case of a leakage. The additional costs are at about 25€ (every 2 years).

The tanks of new OEM-cars usually have a life-time of 20years - these tanks are NOT tested in that time, but must be thrown away after that time.

The older OEM-cars had tanks with a life-time of 10years, which could be prolonged once by 5 more years by a technical review with pressure-test. The costs were at about 170€ for each tank, costs for disassembly an freight to and from the test-point have to be added. The first interval was nothing, that was given by law, but given by the manufacturer of the tank.

The OEM-cars, which were produced before the ECE-R110 was made, follow the rules for the older OEM-cars.

The after-sales-conversion-cars follow the same rules.

Yours,
Bassmann
17 Zylinder, 4,85 Liter Hubraum, aber verteilt auf 2 Autos und 3 Motorräder:
Golf4 Kombi 1.6l autom. mit CNG-Nachrüstung, ca. 10€/100km
Polo4 9N3 united 1.4l 5-Gang mit CNG-Nachrüstung, ca. 8€/100km
(jeweils incl. Luxusbrühe)
Motorräder: 644ccm Suzuki Freewind (Eintopf), 600ccm Yamaha Fazer 35kW, 600ccm Yamaha Fazer ABS 72kW
Wenn ein einziger Baum umfällt, macht das mehr Lärm, als wenn ein ganzer Wald wächst.

Bassmann
Site Admin
Beitrag von Bassmann » 28.10.2013 21:41

I have to add some information regarding after-sales-conversion:

As soon as someone changes things that are written in the EU-registration certificate, the car must be shown to an official tester (they are NOT part of the german authorities, but they do the job of the authorities under special conditions) He will say: "OK, it works without danger", or he might say: "This is complete nonsens". Its the same with CNG-equipment, which is via after-sales-market put into a car. There must be made a test, whether the equipment is without danger... This is some kind of "First CNG-test", the costs are at about 100€ I guess... Its similar but not the same as it has to be done "in moment of first registration or instalation of CNG", but it is not the " fee for entering data ...".
New registration certificates must be written by the authorities, but the new data will be given to the authorities by the official testers. There are costs of about 40€ for that.

Yours
Bassmann
17 Zylinder, 4,85 Liter Hubraum, aber verteilt auf 2 Autos und 3 Motorräder:
Golf4 Kombi 1.6l autom. mit CNG-Nachrüstung, ca. 10€/100km
Polo4 9N3 united 1.4l 5-Gang mit CNG-Nachrüstung, ca. 8€/100km
(jeweils incl. Luxusbrühe)
Motorräder: 644ccm Suzuki Freewind (Eintopf), 600ccm Yamaha Fazer 35kW, 600ccm Yamaha Fazer ABS 72kW
Wenn ein einziger Baum umfällt, macht das mehr Lärm, als wenn ein ganzer Wald wächst.

cng.auto
Beitrag von cng.auto » 28.10.2013 23:52

Thanks a lot Bassmann for fast and detail replay!

This information is priceless to me and my friends, who use NGVs. We will use this information to show, how well developed CNG market works.

dridders

Beitrag von dridders » 29.10.2013 09:42

Then better look over to Italy... the cylinders have to be pressure checked every 4 years, fillup stations aren't open 24/7, refilling has to be done by trained personal, no self service, and so on... and the italian cng market is far more successful than the german one in my eyes.

ferdison

Beitrag von ferdison » 18.01.2014 02:58

danke für die info Jungs. es wird mir wirklich helfen.

Antworten